CMS stands for Content Management System.
The definition of a CMS is an application (more seemingly web-based), that has capabilities for multiple users with completely different permission levels to manage (all or a region of) content, data or info of a websitesite project, or web / intranet application.
Managing content refers to making, editing, archiving, publishing, collaborating on, reporting, distributing web site content, knowledge and data.
An example of a CMS application is a Web Application that provides the following administration, control panel or website management functionalities:
- Create, Edit, Publish, Archive sites.
- Create, Edit, Publish, Archive articles.
- Create, Edit, Publish, Archive press releases.
- Create, Edit, Publish, Archive blogs.
- Add / Edit events into an Calendar.
- Add / Edit Inventory (products), description, product specifications, prices, photos, etc.
- Enter, Edit, or read orders and print packing slips and invoices.
- Read reports and statistics web site knowledge.
- Create and Edit system users that have different permission levels to different section(s) of the above
Tho most popular CMS available in the market are WordPress,Joomla and Drupal.This cms are open source are free to use.You would be needing a web design and development company to develop your website in wordpress,joomla or drupal.You can use your own custom design as per your needs and get a featured dynamic website for your personal/business use.