When you are building a website, it is essential to consider its loading speed. Experts believe that slower sites get fewer visitors as compared to faster websites. Optimizing your WordPress theme for maximum performance and speed will lead to a positive change, as far as your web visitors are concerned. This article offers you tips on how to change your WordPress theme in order to increase loading speed, and consequently attract more traffic to your website.
Tips On How To Optimize a WordPress Theme
The following three tips and tricks are very essential and they guide you on how to optimize a website for better performance:
2. Always keep up with the latest WordPress version. This will ensure that your site will run at its optimal performance and remain secure.
3. Keep your plugins and themes updated to the most recent version. This will keep your site fast and secure.
4. Use a good, well-coded theme. Valid markup language is absolutely vital for page speed and SEO rankings so make sure your theme looks good.
5. Make sure any plugins that you are not using are deactivated, this will prevent them from loading when your site loads.
6. Be selective in your selection of plugins. Some will have a major load on your database, ask yourself if you really need it in your website.
7. Keep your database optimized to reduce overhead. If you’re afraid of phpMyAdmin try the OptimizeDB plugin.
8. Use a good hosting company. Nothing slows your site down like bad hosting.
10. Compress images to improve load times on your site. Try WP-Smush it for automatic image compresion.
11. Combine and minify JS and CSS. W3 Total Cache takes care of this, or you can use Better WordPress Minify.
13. Delete post revisions and spam comments to reduce the load on your database.
14. Use GZip for additional speed and compression.
15. When using Google Analytics use the asynchronous code snippet. This will prevent your page from bottlenecking as it tries to load Google Analytics.
These simple steps, if well implemented, will lead to faster loading speeds than before.